In February and March, Sieda Community Action will continue hosting Community Relations Group meetings in each of our seven counties. The quarterly meetings aim to increase public awareness of Sieda’s current programs and help Sieda learn more about the needs of the communities and citizens we serve.
For this quarter’s meetings, we will be featuring a presentation on our Weatherization services. Weatherization works to tighten and insulate homes against the elements and to assure the safety of appliances by providing health and safety checks, furnace repair/replacement, refrigerator or freezer replacement, home insulation, minor repairs and client education. The program is available to qualifying individuals of 200% of poverty or less. Ned Van Nostrand, Housing Stabilization Director, will be our featured presenter for these meetings.
Along with the presentation, there will be a discussion on the current housing and home energy situation in your community and a time for everyone to share what’s going on in the community.
The meetings will be held from 12:00 – 1:00pm at the following locations:
- February 23 – Davis County, Bloomfield, Southern Iowa Electric Co-op
- February 24 – Wapello County, Ottumwa Sieda Community Action
- February 27 – Appanoose County, Centerville City Hall
- March 2 – Van Buren County, Keosauqua Community Service Center
- March 3 – Mahaksa County, Oskaloosa Iowa State Extension Office
- March 8 – Keokuk County, Sigourney City Hall
- March 9 – Jefferson County, Fairfield, McElhinney House
The Community Relation Group meetings are open to any who wish to attend, and everyone who attends will be able to fully participate in the conversation. For more information and to RSVP, please contact Luke Ridout at email@example.com or 641-757-8741.