Members of Sieda Community Action and other community partners in Appanoose County brought their services together to sponsor the Healthy Kids Fair. The 2018 Healthy Kids Fair at the Faith United Methodist Church in Centerville had a variety of free activities and educational booths. The fair is every April and the event’s main focus is showing support for ‘Child Abuse Prevention Month.’ Everyone was encouraged to wear blue to show that ‘protecting children is everybody’s business!’
The following Sieda programs were able to be involved with games, art activities, and resource information:
- Behavioral Health & Treatment Substance Abuse Prevention
- Family Development and Self Sufficiency (FaDSS)
- Head Start’s Appanoose Center
- Maternal Infant Early Childhood Home Visitation (MIECHV)
- Resource Center Community Action Program Specialists for Appanoose
- Seeds of Hope
There were many other organizations and vendors that participated including 4-H, the Centerville Fire Department, Centerville Police Department, Drake Public Library, and Mercy Hospital that flew in their Mercy One Helicopter. Every year Sieda is happy to be apart of supporting the Healthy Kids Fair.
Thank you to everyone that played a part in this wonderful event!