The Sieda Head Start Policy Council held their first meeting of the 2018-2019 school year. The Policy Council is a decision-making group comprised of parents and community representatives from Sieda’s 7 core counties. Being a council member is a great way for parents to be involved.
Sieda Head Start provides young children and their families with positive experiences. Our goal to promote healthy, self-sufficient, successful individuals, within their communities. With this mission in mind, we believe the parent is the foremost teacher in their child’s life.
Why is the Sieda Head Start Policy Council a great choice?
- Be a part of program planning and committee groups
- Assist in policy and procedure review
- Advocate your child’s learning
- Receive program information directly from management staff
- Help make decisions
- Join a team focused on enhancing the program
- Represent your local parent group
- Provide knowledge and input on program activities
- Meals provided
- Mileage is paid
It is not too late to show your support. The council meets once a month. The next meeting is October, 18th at the main Sieda office located at 725 W. Second Street, Ottumwa. Interested in becoming a Policy Council Representative? Ask your child’s teacher, Family Service Worker or center supervisor. For phone numbers for your county go to https://www.sieda.org/about-us/locations/