Sieda Community Action, like many service agencies, uses the internet as a way engage and inform our clients. During the current troubles, we are even more dependent on technology to process applications, provide counseling, perform virtual home visits, and engage with our preschool students and families. Access to the internet (even high speed internet) can no longer be considered a luxury. It is a necessary. For families who do not have internet access at home, there are low-cost options available from service providers.
Click on the company name below to be directed to the specific offer:
- AT&T – offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon – no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint – provides unlimited data to existing customers; beginning Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- T-Mobile – plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- Mediacom Connect 2 Compete – only $9.95 per month with no contracts or deposits for families that meet qualification guidelines.
You can also learn more about what the Federal Communications Commission is doing in response to COVID-19.
Thanks to Ottumwa Community School District for the information in this post.