Sieda Community Action with a grant from the Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation recently established a new Diaper Bank Program to assist parents living in poverty. A monthly supply of diapers for one child can cost between $70 and $80. As a result, parents try to make do with the diapers they can afford. Which leads to severe diaper rash and other health problems.
However, the Diaper Bank Program will ease the cost burden for parents living in poverty by supplementing their young children’s diaper needs. The grant will allow Sieda to provide diapers to parents or legal guardians of children needing diapers that live in Wapello County. Diapers will be provided per child (sizes N – 6), once a month while supplies last.
The application for diapers is linked below. You may print your packet or pick it up in the foyer of the 725 W. Second Street Sieda Office in Ottumwa. Please have both sides of the application completed before bringing it on distribution day. The first page is for the Diaper Bank Program, and the second page (2-sided) is your income verification paperwork.
1st Distribution Date:
September 9, 2:00 to 6:00 pm
725 West Second Street, Sieda Main Office – Parking Lot
- Only Wapello County parents or legal guardians may request diapers.
- Applicants must complete this form every month to be eligible to pick up diapers in that month.
- Applicants must have an income level at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level to qualify.
- Diapers are distributed once monthly on the designated distribution day and time frame. You may apply each month.
- Sieda cannot accommodate requests for Pull-Ups or specific brands of diapers. Diapers Sizes available – Newborn to 6.
- Diapers that are distributed may not meet all your diaper needs, this program is intended to be supplemental.
- On pick up day, due to social distancing, we ask that you stay in your vehicle, and Sieda staff will assist you.
- Please bring the finished application.
Questions? Please, call 641-682-8741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.