Sieda Community Action with a grant from the Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation recently established a new Diaper Bank Program to assist parents living in poverty. A monthly supply of diapers for one child can cost between $70 and $80. As a result, parents try to make do with the diapers they can afford. Which leads to severe diaper rash and other health problems.
However, the Diaper Bank Program will ease the cost burden for parents living in poverty by supplementing their young children’s diaper needs. The grant will allow Sieda to provide diapers to parents or legal guardians of children needing diapers that live in Wapello County. Diapers will be provided per child (sizes N – 6), once a month while supplies last.
The application for diapers is linked below. You may print your packet or pick it up in the foyer of the 725 W. Second Street Sieda Office in Ottumwa. Please have both sides of the application completed. Paperwork must be completed each month you come in.
Please call 641-682-8741 to set up a time to come in.
- Only Wapello County parents or legal guardians may request diapers.
- Applicants must complete this form every month to be eligible to pick up diapers in that month.
- Applicants must have an income level at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level to qualify.
- Diapers are provided once a month for a household, you must get your diapers at one time. You may apply each month.
- Sieda cannot accommodate requests for Pull-Ups or specific brands of diapers. Diapers Sizes available – Newborn to 6.
- Diapers that are distributed may not meet all your diaper needs, this program is intended to be supplemental.
- When getting diapers we ask that you call ahead, and only have one person come.
Questions? Please, call 641-682-8741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.