The Legacy Foundation has granted Sieda funds for the 2nd year of the Diaper Pantry Program. This program continues to grow in the number of new participants supplementing their diaper costs. In the first year of the program, it was able to help 154 different families and provided diapers to children 940 times.
Sieda Community Action has the Diaper Pantry to assist parents living in poverty. A monthly supply of diapers for one child can average $80. As a result, parents try to make do with the diapers they can afford. Causing severe diaper rashes and other health problems.
However, the Diaper Pantry will ease the cost burden for parents living in poverty by supplementing their young children’s diaper needs. The grant will allow Sieda to provide diapers to parents or legal guardians below the 200% Federal Poverty Level that live in Wapello County. Once a month, households can receive per child (sizes N – 6) diapers.
The application for diapers is linked below. You may print your form or pick it up at the 725 W. Second Street Sieda Office in Ottumwa.
- Applicants must have an income level at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level to be eligible.
- Only Wapello County parents or legal guardians may request diapers.
- Applicants must complete the form and the income verification process to begin receiving diapers.
- Applicants are eligible for diapers monthly once they complete forms and qualify. Getting your diapers at one time.
- Sieda cannot accommodate requests for Pull-Ups or specific brands of diapers. Diapers Sizes available – Newborn to 6.
- Diapers that are distributed may not meet all your diaper needs, this program is intended to be supplemental.
Questions? Please, call 641-682-8741 or email email@example.com.