Sieda is currently accepting for full-time (36-40 hrs/wk) Head Start Teacher Assistants for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Teacher Assistant position requires planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and early science, their problem solving abilities, and their approaches to learning; establishing and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment; supporting the social and emotional development of children; and encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required to be considered for this position.
- Must have High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must obtain Preschool Child Development Associate (CDA) credential within 2 years of employment.
- The Head Start Teacher Assistant position requires previous experience in a Preschool or Child Care setting, one year minimum preferred.
- Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs, Google docs, and Gmail.
- Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience with Windows based operating system.
- Must collect, enter, and update data into ChildPlus.net an existing Head Start management program with minimal training.
- Must collect, enter, and update data into Teaching Strategies GOLD an existing online early childhood assessment program with minimal training.
- Must perform simple maintenance to keep computers operational.
Deadline: Open until filled
For additional information please contact:
Sieda Child Development Administrative Assistant
641-682-8741 ext. 140