Sieda Community Action seeks qualified candidates for the position of Child Care Assistant in our Child Development Unit. The Child Care Assistant works closely with the Child Care Specialist and Center Supervisor to implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children from newborn to three years old. This development includes the child’s understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their problem-solving abilities, and their love of learning. The Child Care Assistant maintains a safe and healthy learning environment that supports the social and emotional development of children and encourages the involvement of families of the children in programs and activities that support the development of positive relationships between children and their families.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be considered for this position.
- Requires High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Requires one year working experience.
- Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience with the ability to perform general tasks in the Microsoft Office and Google program suite.
The successful candidate must be able to
- Pass a pre-employment state criminal record check, then successfully pass a state criminal record check every 2 years while employed in the Child Development unit.
- Must pass a national criminal history check based on fingerprints.
- Must uphold the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Code of Ethics and Head Start Standards of Conduct.
This a full-time, full-year, non-exempt position with a hiring pay range of $12.82 to $15.06 per hour. Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation leave, retirement plan, employee assistance program, and education benefits included. Group insurance benefits (health, dental, vision, life) are available as well.