Sieda Community Action Child Development Department is currently accepting applications for a full-time Mental Health Therapist II.
SUMMARY: Working under general supervision of Unit Director, is responsible for providing individual, couples, and family counseling, case management, assessment, comprehensive treatment plan development, and discharge planning. The duties of the Mental Health Therapist will include ongoing maintenance of persons served file documentation, written and verbal communications with internal and external sources and building relationships with external referral sources.
- Obtain professional independent license that requires ongoing CEUs, either a LISW or a LMHC in the state of Iowa
- Travel is required both in and outside the service area. Proof of auto insurance and valid driving license is required if employee claims travel reimbursement.
- This position is considered mandatory reporter of child abuse and required to hold a valid training certification
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required to be considered for this position.
- Requires Master’s Degree in counseling or social work field and independent license
- 2 years of experience in a counseling position
Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience, has the ability to use existing program software applications with minimal training and can perform simple maintenance to keep computers operational, including the ability to use all unit computer software systems proficiently.
Salary range for this position is $21.44-$25.19/hr.
If interested, please complete the online application at https://www.sieda.org/application-for-employment/
Deadline: November 8, 2021 @ 4:30pm.
For additional information please contact:
Tamara Wheaton or Katie Thompson
Sieda Child Development Administrative Assistants
641-682-8741 ext. 158 and 140