Sieda Community Action is seeking an applicant for a part time (20 hrs. per week) position for a Parent Facilitator. The position will serve Wapello and Mahaska Counties. The Parenting Facilitator will work collaboratively with families, Sieda home visitation staff and community partners to deliver evidence based parenting programs in Wapello and Mahaska Counties. This position provides direct information, education and support services to parents and assists in coordination, facilitation, scheduling and evaluation of parenting classes, events and activities for parents and families. This position meets one-on-one with parents to provide education and support and also meets with families in group settings.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required to be considered for this position.
- Requires completion of Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, child/adult/family services, family & consumer science, social work, counseling, health, medical or related fields from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Requires 2 years of experience in working with children and families.
- Prefer familiarity with issues of low-income populations and traumatic stress related events.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clientele through interpersonal skills, sensitivity, rapport and recognition of cultural diversity.
- Prefer knowledge of family dynamics, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health issues, and substance abuse.
- Ability to speak comfortably and effectively one-to-one or in a group setting.
- Ability to solve simple to complex problems, demonstrate good listening skills and process information accurately.
- Requires going into family homes where there is no control over the environment.
- Must have sufficient reading and writing skills to read, interpret, understand and follow directives and program requirements. Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to speak before groups and represent the program in meetings.
- Must have moderate level computer knowledge and experience, and the ability to use existing program software applications with minimal training and perform simple maintenance to keep computers operational.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check,
- Must have a valid Iowa driver’s license, vehicle and insurance as travel is required.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume as part of Sieda’s online application process. Applications accepted through Friday, August 16, 2019.
Sieda Community Action is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package including: generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; health, life and dental insurance; and IPERS retirement benefits.