Sieda Community Action is seeking an applicant for a full time position for a Parents As Teachers (PAT) Educator. The position will serve Jefferson County. PAT Educators provide services in a manner that promotes, empowers, and nurtures the family to understand their role as the first and most important teachers of their children. PAT empowers parents through education to strengthen language, intellectual, motor and social development of their children. Through PAT, educators, child care providers and health providers help communities partner with parents to do a better job of preparing children for a stronger start in life by early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required to be considered for this position.
- Requires completion of Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, home economics education, social work, counseling, health, medical or related fields from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in working with children and families.
- Prefer familiarity with issues of low-income populations and traumatic stress related events.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clients through interpersonal skills, sensitivity, rapport and recognition of cultural diversity.
- Prefer knowledge of basic counseling concepts and family dynamics, issues of child abuse, domestic violence, mental health issues, and substance abuse.
- Ability to speak comfortably and effectively one-to-one or in a group setting.
- Ability to solve simple to complex problems, demonstrate good listening skills and process information accurately.
- Requires going into family homes where there is no control over the environment.
- Must have sufficient reading and writing skills to read, interpret, understand and follow directives and program requirements. Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to speak before groups and represent the program in meetings.
- Must have moderate level computer knowledge and experience, and the ability to use existing program software applications with minimal training and perform simple maintenance to keep computers operational.
- Must be able to navigate, enter and retrieve information from the DAISEY and Penelope web-based systems.
Full job description can be obtained by submitting a request to Rebecca Falck, Family Support Services Director, at 641.682.8741 Ext. 166 or email at email@example.com.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume as part of Sieda’s online application process. For additional information contact: Application accepted until the position is filled.
Sieda Community Action is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package including: generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; health, life and dental insurance; and IPERS retirement benefits.