Sieda is currently accepting applications for a full-time (40 hrs/wk) Pickwick 4 Year Old Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Teacher position requires planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and early science, their problem solving abilities, and their approaches to learning; establishing and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment; supporting the social and emotional development of children; and encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required to be considered for this position.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or in a related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education.
- Current Iowa Teacher license issued by the Board of Educational examiners under Iowa Code chapter 272.
- Holds a PK/K endorsement or willing to get a conditional for PK/K endorsement.
- The Head Start Teacher position requires previous experience in a Preschool or Child Care setting, two years minimum preferred.
- Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs, Google docs, and Gmail.
- Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience with Windows based operating system.
- Must collect, enter, and update data into ChildPlus.net an existing Head Start management program with minimal training.
- Must collect, enter, and update data into Teaching Strategies GOLD an existing online early childhood assessment program with minimal training.
- Must perform simple maintenance to keep computers operational.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and complete a physical examination.
- Salary range for this position is $14.05-$17.58 based on education and experience.
Deadline: January 17th at 4:30 p.m.
For additional information contact:
Sieda Child Development Administrative Assistant
641-682-8741 ext. 140