Sieda Head Start is currently accepting applications for a Head Start Preschool Teacher for 3 year old students at the Douds Center Elementary – Van Buren County CSD site through Sunday June 4, 2023. This position will begin employment in August 2023 for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Teacher position requires planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and early science, their problem solving abilities, and their approaches to learning; establishing and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment; supporting the social and emotional development of children; and encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families. Sieda Community Action is an EEO/AA employer.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be considered for this position.
- Requires current Preschool Child Development Associate (CDA) credential and approved waiver from Head Start Regional Office.
- Must be enrolled in a program leading to associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or in a related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education.
- Requires an Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or in a related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or in a related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education.
- Requires 1 year working experience in a Preschool, Child Care setting or other early childhood experience.
- Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs, Google docs, and Gmail.
- Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience with Windows based operating system.
- Must collect, enter, and update data into ChildPlus.net an existing Head Start management program with minimal training.
- Must collect, enter, and update data into Teaching Strategies GOLD an existing online early childhood assessment program with minimal training.
- Must perform simple maintenance to keep computers operational.
If interested please complete the online application. Please include a resume and cover letter (optional) with the application. Contact Katie Thompson or Tamara Wheaton to receive a copy of the job descriptions to review.
Contact Tamara Wheaton or Katie Thompson with any questions.
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org 641-682-8741