Sieda Community Action is now accepting applications for the position of Prevention Specialist. This is a full-time position with benefits.
The Prevention Specialist will work and achieve outcomes that ensure continued progress through the Strategic Prevention Framework with a focus on substance misuse and problem gambling prevention. The Prevention Specialist will be a catalyst for county engagement and the implementation of substance misuse prevention programs throughout Service Area 16.
The Prevention Specialist hired will leverage every collaborative partnership possible to ensure that all community members have access to substance misuse prevention services. Sieda Prevention Staff strive to maintain a balance between programs targeted to a specific group and those targeted to the community at large to accomplish both individual change and system change. Our prevention programs will be driven by research findings to ensure successful outcomes and include all Institute of Medicine (IOM) classifications and the six Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) strategies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required to be considered for this position.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in community health, human services, social sciences, or education.
- Requires a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Requires moderate level computer knowledge and experience, has the ability to use existing program software applications with minimal training, and can perform simple maintenance to keep computers operational.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- The salary range for this position is $15.67 – $18.41 based on education and experience.
Deadline: Friday, March 31st, 2023 at 4:30 pm
For additional information please contact:
Prevention Supervisor, Behavioral Health and Treatment Services
Suzette Van Vark
Unit Director, Sieda Behavioral Health and Treatment