Sieda Community Action complies with Public Law 103-227, Part C Environmental Tobacco Smoke, also known as the Pro-Children Act of 1994 (Act) and the Iowa Smokefree Air Act of 2008. Smoking is not permitted in any portion of any indoor facility owned or leased or contracted by Sieda.
- Smoking is not allowed around the entrances or exits of any Sieda facility, including sidewalks, sitting or standing areas immediately adjacent to the building, a patio, a deck, a courtyard or any other outdoor area used in the course of providing the business of the agency.
- Smoking is not allowed on the grounds, in the parking lots or in private cars in the parking lots of any Sieda facility.
- Smoking is not allowed in any agency-owned vehicles.
- All agency employment applications forms carry a notice that Sieda observes the Smokefree Air Act.
- Employees whose job requires them to visit clients in their private homes may schedule the visit in an alternate smokefree environment if they desire.