Sieda Community Action works with communities to secure opportunities for people in need through advocacy, counseling, education, partnerships, and supportive services.
We envision communities of resilient citizens who are involved, self-reliant, and contribute positively to their families and communities.
Our Organizational Values
We at Sieda Community Action believe in the promise of community action. If we are to change lives and make our communities a better place to live, we must hold our staff, our leadership, our partners, and our organization as a whole to high standards of appropriate and ethical behavior. At Sieda Community Action, we value:
- Accountability: We have a willingness to accept responsibility and account for our actions.
- Cooperation: We believe people working together toward a common goal often achieve results greater than the sum of the parts.
- Dedication: We strongly support the work and promise of community action. We are loyal to our organization and our clients, and work hard to achieve the best possible results.
- Empathy: People must have the capacity to understand, be aware of, be sensitive to, and vicariously experience the feelings, thoughts, and experiences of another.
- Growth and Development: We strive to expand our knowledge, understanding, and the impact of our organization on the communities we serve. We embrace changes that help us achieve our mission, vision, and the promise of community action.
- Honesty: We are fair and truthful. We cannot change what we don't acknowledge. We tell ourselves, our clients, and our partners the truth. We do the right thing even when it's difficult.
- Respect: We see people as people. We encourage a sense of self worth by treating people fairly, honoring individual differences, and understanding that the hopes, needs, cares, and fears of others are as valuable as our own.
- Responsibility: We do what is expected or required in our work and partnerships, and honor the commitments we make.