Halloween is often considered to be the beginning of the holiday season. If you are wondering how to throw a party and make it great without alcohol, here are some tips on how to have a great party without the need for intoxication.
- Make sure to tell everyone that this is an alcohol-free party. Invite sober and non-sober friends as well as their kids. Bringing kids to a Halloween party is great because they truly understand what Halloween is all about – fun and candy!
- Costumes are key! You can either choose a theme or allow everyone to be creative. The money you would have spent stocking the bar could go a long way to creating an outstanding costume!
- Create different places of interest. Have food and beverages in one area, dancing and music in another, and so on.
- Play a scary movie. You can even project the movie on the side of your house. If kids are attending, make the movie age appropriate.
- Have lots of food and drinks. You can build the menu or have everyone bring a dish. Make “mocktails” or have a variety of water and soda.
- Having games at your party is sure to get people in the party mood. Make the games easy to play while in costume.
- Make sure everyone takes lots of photos either with their phones or with disposable cameras. Have them email their photos to you and make sure everyone gets a final copy.
- Have take-home treat bags for everyone. This will have everyone remembering the party long after it has ended.
A sober Halloween party, is the beginning of a holiday season that can be remembered and cherished.
Information obtained from Fresh Start of California and Irina Gonzalez.